Cloth Diapering Essentials - a checklist of what you REALLY need to cloth diaper your baby
Posted by MAJALIWA BASS
Cloth Diaper Checklist
There are a lot of cloth diaper accessories out there and it can be hard to tell what you really need to cloth diaper your baby. Watch this video, or read the list below for a simple list of the essentials versus the "nice to haves".
6 MUST HAVE'S:
- Cloth diapers (of course) - See our list of How Many Cloth Diapers to Buy
- Inserts/doublers (for extra absorbency) - if possible, try to get bamboo or hemp inserts. They absorb more than cotton and microfiber and are easy to clean.
- A 13-gallon diaper pail with a diaper pail liner for storing dirty diapers at home (I have this one and this one)
- A large hanging wet/dry bag for storing dirty diapers during travel or vacation. (I have this one).
- Cloth diaper friendly diaper rash cream - See our list of Recommended Cloth Diaper Rash Creams
- Cloth diaper friendly laundry detergent (liquid, not powder) - See our list of Recommended Cloth Diaper Detergents
NICE TO HAVE'S:
In addition to the items listed above, there are a few other things you may consider purchasing to make your cloth diapering life a little easier.
- 1 small/medium Wet Bag (for storing dirty diapers on the go) - I have this one
- Disposable diaper liners (for ease in changing dirty diapers on the go)
- 3 Nighttime cloth diapers (for keeping your baby dry when they start sleeping through the night) - see our list of Recommended nighttime diapers
- Wool wash and lanolin (for cleaning wool items) - I use this lanolin
- 2 Wool dryer balls (to soften diapers, remove static & dry cloth diapers faster)
- 1 diaper sprayer like this one (to easily rinse poop of your diapers before washing)
Sale 70% Off
Title for image